Laurent Dufau, the head of Château Calon-Ségur, will match seven vintages with Cantonese cuisine at a wine tasting dinner on 15 November 2013 at Michelin starred Chinese restaurant Cuisine Cuisine in the ifc on Hong Kong Island.
- Deep-fried Minced Shrimp Balls in Salted Egg Yolk.
- Bresaola wrapped with Grissini Stick will be paired with Grande Reserve, Lallier, GC, NV.
- Crispy Suckling Pig with Parma Ham and Chinese Blinis will be paird with Marquis de Calon 2009.
- Baked Crab Shell stuffed with Bacon and Cheese will be paired with Château Calon-Segur 2009.
- Sautéed Lobster with Black Bean Sauce will be paired with Château Calon-Segur 2005.
- Pan-fried Lamb Rack with Teriyaki Sauce will b paird with Château Calon-Segur 1998.
- Deep-fried Sliced Duck stuffed with Mashed Taro served with Chocolate Plum Sauce and Mushroom Sauce will be paired with Château Calon-Segur 1996.
- Stewed Ox Tail with Conpoy Sauce will be paird with Château Calon-Segur 1990.
- Diced Octopus Fried Rice with Abalone Sauce wrapped in Lotus Leaves will follow.
- Caramel Sago Pudding stuffed with Mashed Lotus Seed Paste and Sweeten Sesame Soup will finish off the evening.
Calon-Ségur is considered one of the top estates in St-Estèphe in Bordeaux, France. It was once owned by Marquis de Ségur, known as the "Prince of Vines", former owner of Lafite, Latour and Mouton-Rothschild, amongst others.
The estate then passed through various owners, including the former owners - the Gasqueton family.
Subscribe Now to Accidental Travel Writer