National Day Celebrations
Singapore's year long celebration of its Golden Jubilee will reach a climax on the weekend of 7 to 10 August 2015 with a rally, a National Day Parade, fireworks, and several other events around town.
Singaporeans will celebrate the 50th anniversary of Singapore's declaration of independence from Malaysia with a spectacular Golden Jubilee weekend, which will take place at the Padang, the site of many historically significant events over the last 50 years.
The there will be a grand rally followed by a lively parade and concluding with spectacular fireworks after dark.
Other events will include ...
- Sing 50, celebrating 50 years of Singapore music on 7 August 2015 at 7.30 pm at the National Stadium;
- Picnics at West Coast Park, Pasir Ris Park, and Sembawang Park on 7 August 2015 from 4 pm to 9.30 pm;
- National University of Singapore Students Union Rag and Flag on 7 August 2015 at the Float at Marina Bay;
- Hari Raya Open House and Racial Harmony Day on 7 August 2015 from 10 am to 6 pm;
- The Gamelan Cricle by Camelan Asmaradana on 8 August 2015 from 5 pm to 6 pm;
- Kampong Gelam Tales: A Dramatised Tour on 9 August 2015 at 11 am and 3 pm;.
- Jubilee Weekend at Fort Siloso on 9 August 2015 from 10 am to 6 pm.
What do you think about national day celebrations?
Please post your comment in the Comment Box below or on Facebook at the following link: Accidental Travel Writer on Facebook. And don't forget to LIKE us while you're there!