Readers of Trip Advisor have spoken, naming 8 hotels in Hong Kong as among the 25 best hotels in Greater China, with Hong Kong hostelries occupying the top 4 spots – and 6 of the top 10 spots.
Somebody in Hong Kong must be doing something right!
Hong Kong has 2 teaching hotels: The T Hotel on Pokfulam Road on Hong Kong Island, is attached to the Vocational Training Council, and Hotel Icon on the Kowloon Peninsula, which is attached to The Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
The 2 hotels came in 2nd and 3rd place, respectively, in a Trip Advisor reader survey of the top hotels in Greater China – winning higher praise that such Hong Kong stalwarts as the Mandarin Oriental, the Four Seasons, and the Peninsula.
But those 3 world-famous hotels also did well in the opinion of Trip Advisor readers, as well.
Here's how the Top 8 hotels in Hong Kong stack up – together with their ranking in Greater China (in parentheses). And in case you're wondering, 'Greater China' refers collectively to mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan.
- The Upper House (1) Pacific Place, 88 Queensway, Hong Kong. Telephone: (852) 2918-1838. Hotel Website: The Upper House
- The T Hotel (2) 6/F, VTC Pokfulam Complex, 145 Pokfulam Road, Pofulam, Hong Kong. Telephone: (852) 3717-7388. Hotel Website: The T Hotel
- Hotel Icon (3) 17 Science Museum Road, Tsim Sha Tsui East, Kowloon, Hong Kong. Telephone: (852) 3400-1000.
- Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong (4) 5 Connaught Road, Central, Hong Kong. Telephone: (852) 2522-0111. Hotel Website: Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong
- Four Seasons Hong Kong (6) 8 Finance Street, Central, Hong Kong. Telephone: (852) 3196-8888. Hotel Website: Four Seasons Hong Kong
- The Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong (8) International Commerce Centre, 1 Austin Road West, Kowloon, Hong Kong. Telephone: (852) 2263-2263. Hotel Website: The Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong
- Island Shangri-La Hong Kong (16) Pacific Place, Supreme Court Road, Central, Hong Kong. Telephone: (852) 2877-3838. Hotel Website: Island Shangri-La Hong Kong
- The Peninsula Hong Kong (18) Salisbury Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong. Telephone: (852) 2920-2888.Hotel Website: The Peninsula Hong Kong
Your Response Wanted!
Have you stayed at any of these hotels? What is your opinion of them? What is YOUR favourite hotel in Greater China?
Please post your comment in the Comment Box below or on Facebook at the following link: Accidental Travel Writer on Facebook. And don't forget to LIKE us while you're there!