Updated for the 2017 NFL Season – the best sports bars to root for (or against) the Rams if they’re playing out of town or you can’t get a ticket to watch the game at the stadium. Please comment on them and feel free to recommend other bars.
The Los Angeles Rams are playing their 80th season in the National Football League (NFL) in 2017. It is the football team’s 81st season overall and its 51st season in Southern California.
The Rams are playing under a new head coach this season: Sean McVay. Can he turn things around? The Rams had a disappointing 4–12 record last season.
The Los Angeles Rams will the Arizona Cardinals in London, England, at Twickenham Stadium in the seventh week as part of the NFL International Series.
The Los Angeles Rams compete in the West division of the NFL’s National Football Conference along with the Arizona Cardinals, the San Francisco 49ers, and the Seattle Seahawks.
The football team was established in 1936 as the Cleveland Rams, playing in Cleveland, Ohio. They moved to Los Angeles in 1946.
The Rams moved to St. Louis, Missouri, in 1995 and played there for 20 seasons. The football team moved back to Los Angeles in 1996.
The Rams have won three NFL championships. They are the only NFL franchise to win championships while representing three different cities - Cleveland in 1945, Los Angeles in 1951, and St. Louis in 1999.
First Modern Sports Bar
Billed as the “First Modern Sports Bar in America”, Legends Sports Bar was established in Long Beach, California, in 1970 for Dennis Harrah, a former defensive lineman for the Los Angeles Rams.
It was the first food and beverage establishment in the world to broadcast live sporting events from around the world.
The establishment has a massive collection of sports memorabilia. Sounds like a great place to watch a game.
Where to Root for the Los Angeles Rams
- Tom Bergin’s Irish Pub – 840 South Fairfax Avenue, Los Angeles, California. Telephone: (323) 936-7151.
- Legends – 5236 East 2nd Street, Long Beach, California. Telephone: (562) 433-5743.
- Rocco’s Tavern – 12514 Ventura Boulevard, Studio City, California. Telephone: (818) 985-9876.
- Big Wangs – 5300 Lankerhim Boulevard, North Hollywood, California. Telephone: (818) 985-2449.
- Busby’s East - 5364 Wilshire Boulevard, Los Angeles, California. Telephone: (323) 823-4890.
- El Malecon Restaurant – 5201 Clark Avenue, Lakewood, California. Telephone: (562) 242-1642.
- Flights Craft Beer and Sports Grill - 5119 West El Segundo Boulevard, Hawthorne, California. Telephone: (310) 676-8228.
- Lake Alice Trading Company – 3616 Univesrity Avenue, Riverside, California. Telephone: (951) 686-7343.
- The Garage Motor Club – 3387 Motor Avenue, Los Angeles, California. Telephone: (310) 559-3400.
- Joxer Daly’s – 11168 Washington Boulevard, Culver City, California. Telephone: (310) 838-3745.
- Goal Sports Café – 8334 – 3rd Street Street, Los Angeles, California. Telephone: (323) 655-5955.
Where to Root Against the Los Angeles Rams
A lot of football fans in St Louis, Missouri, were not happy when the Rams moved back to Los Angeles in 2016.
They’ve turned against the team, and many of the fans that used to root for the team are now rooting against the team.
One chain of bars is even offering US$ off every pitcher of beer when the opposing team scores a touchdown against the Rams in a Slam the Rams promotion.These sports bars were included in my original post, which was published in 2013.
The following sports bars in St. Louis were included in my original post, which was published in 2013.What is the mood like now when the Rams ahave left town?
Do the fans root for the Rams or against the Rams? Or have they moved on? Would love to get your feedback!
- Hotshots Sports Bar and Gill – Several locations in the St. Louis metropolitan area.
- Brewhouse Historical Sports Bar -315 Chestnut Street, St. Louis, Missouri. Tel: (314) 655-1234.
- Patrick's Restaurant & Sports Bar - 342 Westport Plaza, St. Louis, Missouri. Tel: (314) 349-0505.
- OverUnder Bar & Grill - 911 Washington Avenue, St. Louis, Missouri. Tel: (314) 621-8881.
- Flannery's - 1324 Washington Avenue, St. Louis, Missouri. Tel: (314) 241-8885
- Friendly's Sports Bar and Grill - 3503 Roger Place, St. Louis, Missouri. Tel: (314) 771-2040.
- OB. Clark's - 1921 South Brentwood Boulevard, St. Louis, Missouri. Tel: (314) 961-8900
Your Feedback and Photos Wanted!
Please comment on these bars and/or recommend other establishments in the comments box below.
Also, would love to liven up this post with some fan shots. Please send photos of Rams fans at sports bars to the Accidental Travel Writer for inclusion in this post.