Ski season has already arrived in some climes so there's no time to waste booking a ski holiday, For ski enthusiasts on a tight budget, Hostelling International has a variety of ski hostels at some of the world's top skiing travel destinations.
All of these ski hostels are reasonably priced – even during peak skiing season. Double, single, family, and multi-share rooms aer available.
Each hostel is within easy reach of a mountain cable car station and can offer advice and help with booking ski lessons, hiring equipment, and participation in other winter inspired activities.
Where to Ski Without Breaking the Bank!
- Scuol Hostel - Switzerland. This modern and expensively decorated hostel is conveniently located within a five minute walk of the Scuol Tarasp Railway Station, making it easily accessible. It offers affordable and high quality accommodation for those on a budget all year round.
- Interlaken Hostel - Switzerland. Interlaken provides guests with the ultimate ski lodge experience - with the added benefit of modern décor and facilities. Nestled within the mountains, the hostel is close to ski lifts and ski rental shops. It can help organize participation in a variety of winter sports.
- Lenzerheide-Valbella - Switzerland. With views overlooking the picturesque Lake Heid and the mountainous landscapes of the Valbella resort, this popular hostel is perfect for nature lovers and ski enthusiasts alike. The hostel is located directly adjacent to the Valbella ski lift and is within easy reach of nearby ski rental shops and restaurants.
- Whistler - Canada. This brand new hostel not only provides affordable accommodation within walking distance of the popular ski resort, Whistler, but it also played a large part in the 2010 winter Olympics, so who knows, perhaps you could stay in one of the Olympic Gold Medalists room during your stay?
- Lake Louise Alpine Centre - Canada. Nestled in the heart of the Canadian Rockies, surrounded by majestic mountains, alpine meadows, and gem-like lakes, HI-Lake Louise Alpine Centre is the destination of choice for budget-conscious travelers who want to experience a world class ski resort.
Your Response Wanted!
If you know of any reasonably priced ski hostels, we'd like to hear from you! Please tell us about them in the comment box below.
Better yet, please post your comments on Facebook at the following link: Accidental Travel Writer on Facebook. And don't forget to LIKE our page while you're there