Updated for the 2017 NFL season. The 10 most popular Eagles sports bars in Philadelphia and 10 of the top spots where Eagle fans congregate on game day in other parts of the country. Photos of fans at sports bars welcome!
Founded in 1933, the Philadelphia Eagles play in the Eastern Division of the National Conference of the National Football League.
Considering the long history of the Philadelphia Eagles, the team has not been overly successful on the field, only making two trips to the Super Bowl, losing to the Oakland Raiders in 1980 and the New England Patriots in 2004.
But that doesn't dampen Eagles fans passion for their team. The Bird Gang bleeds green. They are among the most loyal sports fans in the land.
The Philadelphia Eagles have a strong fan base, as evidenced by the large number of sports bars friendly to fans of the Philadelphia Eagles scattered around the United States.
If you want to root for the Philadelphia Eagles, chances are there is a sports bar that will make you feel welcome nearby. And chances are they will serve mouth-watering Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches.
Where to Root for the Eagles in Pennsylvania
The following sports bars are considered to be friendly to fans of the Philadelphia Eagles. Some of them are full fledged Philadelphia Eagles hangouts. But always call ahead to make sure they will be showing the game you want to watch.
- Chickie's & Pete's Crab House & Sports Bar - 1526 Packer Avenue, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Telephone: (215) 218-0500.
- Xfinity Live! - 1100 Pattison Avenue, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Telephone: (855) 406-4119.
- O'Neal's Irish Pub - 611 South 3rd Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Telephone: (215) 574-9495.
- South Philly Bar and Grill - 1235-37 East Passyunk Avenue, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Telephone: (215) 334-3300.
- Philadium Tavern - 1631 Packer Aveneue, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Telephone: (215) 271-5220.
- Devil's Den - 1148 South 11th Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Telephone: (215) 339-0855.
- Founding Fathers Sports Bar and Grill - 1612 South Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Telephone: (215).
- Tabu Lounge and Sports Bar - 200 South 12th Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Telephone: (215) 964-9675.
- Tavern on Broad - 200 South Broad Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Telephone: (215) 546-2290.
- McGillin's Olde Ale House - 1310 Drury Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Telephone: (215) 735-5562.
Where to Root for the Eagles Around the Country
Not only will you find a friendly environment in which to root for the Eagles at the following sports bars, all of them also claim to serve the best and most authentic Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches in town! But play it safe to make sure the bar will be broadcasting the game you want to watch.
- Turtle Bay NYC - 987 - 2ned Avenue, New York, New York. Telephone: (212) 223-4224. "We are the home of the #1 Philadelphia Eagles Game Watch NYC!"
- Diag Bar and Grill - 2856 North Southport Avenue, Chicago, Illinois. Telephone: (773) 404-8400. - "Official Home of the Philadelphia Eagles."
- Pat's Philly Steaks and Subs - 1624 Market Street, Denver, Colorado. Telephone: (303) 534-0417. - "We are home for Philly sports."
- Britannia Pub - 318 Santa Monica Boulevard, Santa Monica, California. Telephone: (310) 448-5350. - "Eagles Nest West."
- Mad River Bar & Grille - 2909 North Sheffield Avenue, Chicago, Illinois. Telephone: (773) 935-7500. - "Home of every Philadelphia Eagles Game."
- Steamers Sports Pub - 1513 Pierson Drive, Charlotte, North Carolina. Telephone: (704) 568-9273. "We show every Eagles game and give them our full support, which is why we are proud to be the Charlotte Chapter of the Official Philadelphia Eagles Fan Club."
- Sign of the Whale - 1825 MK Street, Washington, DC. Telephone: (202) 785-1110. - "Are you a fan of cheesesteaks? Do you bleed green? Well if so…you have found your home in DC! Sign of the Whale is DC’s official home of the Philadelphia Eagles! Join us and all of DC's best Eagles fans to cheer on the birds while enjoying some of your hometown favs! "
- Jake's Steaks - 3301 Buchanan Street, San Francisco, California. Telephone: (415) 922-2211.
- PB Avenue - 1060 Garnet Avenue, San Diego, California. Telephone: (858) 263-4514.
- World Famous Parrot - 911 Sunrise Lane, Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Telephone: (954) 563-1493.
If You're Heading to Philly ...
There is a lot to see and do in Philadelphia. If you are planning a trip to the City of Brotherly Love, you can save big bucks off the price of admission to the One Liberty Observation Deck and three other top tourist attractions.
Your Input Wanted
Please send photos of Philly fans at sports bars to the Accidental Travel Writer so I can add it to this post. Also, feel free to recommend ofter Bird Gang hangouts in the COMMENT box below.
A big thank you to Tara DeMuro, Ken Bronwell, Irene Levy Bake, and Danny Horwitch for sharing these pictures of Philadelphia Eagles fans at Turtle Bay in New York, South Philly Bar and Grill in Philadelphia, McGillin's Olde Ale House in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and Mid River Bar and Grill in Chicago, Illinois.
All of these look like great spots to root for the Eagles!
Philadelphia Eagles fans at the Turle Bay in New York City.
Philadelphia Eagles fans at the South Philly Bar and Grill in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Philadelphia Eagles fans at McGillin's Olde Ale House in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Philadelphia Eagles fans rooting for the Eagles at The Mid River Bar and Grill in Chjicago, Illinois.