The Cleveland Browns are a professional American football team in based in Cleveland, Ohio. The team plays in the AFC North division of the American Football Conference (AFC) in the National Football League. The Cleveland Browns started playing in 1946 as a charter member of the All-America Football Conference and joined the NFL in 1950 after the AAFC folded. The team has also won four NFL championships.
In 1995, the owner of the Cleveland Browns, Art Modell, decided to move the team to Baltimore, Maryland.
Unable to keep its team, the city of Cleveland – in collaboration with the NFL - pulls off a stunning compromise. The team can leave town, but the team's name, its colours, its mascot, and its legacy will remain with the city of Cleveland.
Where to Root for the Cleveland Browns
- The Blind Pig - 1228 West 6th Street, Cleveland, Ohio. Telephone: (216) 621-0001.
- The Clevelander Sports Bar & Grill - 834 Huron Road East, Cleveland, Ohio. Telephone: (216) 771-3723.
- Dive Bar - 1214 West 6th Street, Cleveland, Ohio. Telephone: (216) 621-7827.
- Bob Golic's Sports Bar & Grillle - 1213 West Sixth Street, Cleveland, Ohio. Telephone: (216) 363-1130.
- Tap House - 5589 West Charleston Boulevard, Las Vegas, Nevada. Telephone: (702) 870-2111.
- Mickey's Dawg Pound - 2450 North Clark Street, Chicago, Illinois. Telephone: (773) 435-0007.
- Boulevard Bar & Grill - 9860 Las Vegas Boulevard, Las Vegas, Nevada. Telephone: (702) 939-BLVD.
- Big Daddy's Sports Lounge - 10618 North Cave Road, Phoenix, Arizona. Telephone: (602) 861-1034.
- Glory Days Grill - 1220 East Joppa Road, Towson, Maryland. Telephone: (443) 901-0273.
- R_Bar – 1176 Sutter Street, San Francisco, California. Telephone: (415) 567-7441.
Your Feedback Wanted
Bars sometimes close and fans sometimes migrate to other establishments. Please send any corrections or additions to the Accidental Travel Writer or leave a comment in the comment box below.