Since they were founded in 1995, the Carolina Panthers have made only one trip to the Super Bowl, but what a trip it was! Super Bowl XXXVIII is considered by many to be the greatest Super Bowl game of all time.
More memorable, however, is what happened during halftime.
Performing during the halftime show, songtress Janet Jackson suffered a “wardrobe malfunction”, which led to a broadcasting crackdown against indecency by the United States Federal Communications Commission.
If you want to root for the Carolina Panthers in North or South Carolina, chances are there is a sports bar that will make you feel welcome nearby.
If you live in other parts of the country, however, it might be a bit more difficult. This is not a team with a national following.
With one exception: one of the most enthusiastic Carolina Panthers sports bars in the country is located in the nation's capital!
Where to Root for the Carolina Panthers
- McFadden's Restaurant and Saloon - 2401 Pennsylvania Avenue, Washington, DC. Telephone: (202) 223-2338.
- Can's Recycled Bar and Canteen - 200 East Bland Street, Charlotte, North Carolina. Telephone: (704) 335-0002.
- Hickory Tavern - 11504 Providence Road, Charlotte, North Carolina. Telephone: (704) 847-4408.
- Stumble Stilskins - 202 West Market Street, Greensboro, North Carolina. Telephone: (336) 691-1222.
- Blackfinn - 210 East Trade Street, Charlotte, North Carolina. Telephone: (704) 971-4440.
- Big John's Tavern – 251 East Bay Street, Charleston, South Carolina. Telephone: (843) 723-DIVE.
- d. d. Peckers Wing Shack - 10403 East Park Road, Charlotte, North Carolina. Telephone: (704) 541-4113.
- Brother Jimmy's BBQ - 1485 Second Avenue, New York, New York. Telephone: (212) 288-0999.
- Elbow Room Sports Pub & Pizzeria - 248 Pharr Road, Atlanta, Georgia. Telephone: (404) 231-3308.
Cans:Recycled in Charlotte (inside of All American Pub). 2000+ people for every game. Every TV is on the Panthers if they're playing. - Zack Lutrell (via emai)
Hey, Zack! Thanks for the feedback! It sounds awesome! Do you have any photos of fans at Cans:Recycled? If so we'd love to see them! - Accidental Travel Writer