Update: Voting is now underway to update this Top 10 list. Scroll down to vote! And please leave a comment if any of the information needs to be updated!
Established in 1946, the San Francisco 49ers were one of the National Football League's greatest dynasties, winning five Super Bowls between 1981 and 1994.
But the San Francisco 49ers have another stunning record. They are the ONLY football team in the National Football League to have gone to multiple Super Bowls without ever having lost a game.
Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, Ronnie Lott, Bill Walsh - these are some of the American football greats that have worn the Red and Gold.
World's Best Party Towns
San Francisco is one of the world's best party towns, and watching football games at a sports bar is one of The City's favourite pastimes.
Interestingly, using our usual criteria to identify the Top 10 Sports Bars for San Francisco 49ers fans, we had a hard time. We could only come up with nine.
Is that, perhaps, because so many people from other cities have relocated to San Francisco and remain loyal to their home town teams?
Maybe bar owners don't want to to make them feel unwelcome by positioning themselves as 49er bars. Maybe our criteria is flawed!
Or perhaps these bar owners are actually closet fans of the Oakland Raiders!
Top 10 Sports Bars Friendly to San Francisco 49ers Fans
- Zeke's Bar & Sports Grill – 600 - 3rd Street San Francisco, California. Telephone: (415) 392-5311.
- Kezar Pub - 770 Stanyan Street San Francisco, California. Telephone: (415) 386-9292.
- The 215 Saloon – 4145 South Grand Canyon Road, Las Vegas, Nevada. Telephone: (707) 222-4215.
- San Francisco Saloon - 11501 West Pico Boulevard, Los Angeles, California. Telephone: (310) 478-0152.
- Typhoon Saloon - 1165 Garnet Avenue, San Diego, California. Telephone: (858) 373-3474.
- Players Pub - 4060 Sunset Boulevard, Fair Oaks, California. Telephone: (916) 967-8492.
- San Francisco Rose - 3024 Greenville Avenue, Dallas, Texas. Telephone: (214) 826-2020.
- Finnerty's - 221 - 2nd Avenue, New York, New York. Telephone: (212) 677-2655.
- The Town Tavern - 2323 Eighteenth Street NW, Washington, DC. Telephone: (202) 387-TOWN.
Your Feedback Wanted
We need your help! We want to update this list, and we want input from 49er fans.
First, if there are any mistakes in the above list, would you please let us know? Bars sometimes close and fans sometimes migrate to other establishments.
Please leave a comment in the comment box below with any information that needs to be corrected.
Vote Early and Vote Often!
Now it's time to vote, and you can vote as often as you want. We can't stop you from stuffing the ballot box, so we won't even try. Mulitple votes are encouraged.
BTW, this list is NOT meant to be complete. If your favourite San Francisco 49ers sports bar is not on the list, PLEASE vote for "Other" and fill in its name, city, and state, and we will add it.
We will create a new Top 10 list - with your support! - after the season ends!