The Kansas City Chiefs play in the Western Division of the American Football Conference of the National Football League. Founded by Lamar Hunt in 1960 as the Dallas Texans, they were a charter member of the American Football League (AFL). In 1963, the team relocated to Kansas City, Missouri, and assumed its current name.
The Kansas City Chiefs won three championships from 1960 to 1969. The Kansas City Chiefs were the second AFL team (after the New York Jets to defeat an NFL franchise when they defeated the Minnesota Vikings in Super Bowl IV on 11 January 1970.
Best Sports Bars to Root for the Kansas City Chiefs
- Nick and Jake's - 6830 West 135th, Overland Park, Kansas. Telephone: (913) 681-8535.
- Leawood 810 Zone - 4800 West 119th Street, Leawood, Kansas. Telephone: (613) 469-ZONE .
- Chappell's Restaurant and Sports Museum - 323 Armour Road, North Kansas City, Kansas. Telephone: (816) 421 0002.
- Blake Street Tavern - 2301 Blake Street, Denver, Colorado. Telephone: (303) 675-0505.
- Village Pourhouse - 64 Third Avenue, New York, New York. Telephone: (212) 979-2337.
- Kansas City Barbecue - 600 West Harbor Drive, San Diego, California. Telephone: (619) 231-9680.
- Kansas City BBQ Company - 10863 Magnolia Boulevard, North Hollywood, California. Telephone: (818) 754-0030.
- Toon's Bar and Grill - 3859 North Southport, Chicago, Illinois . Telephone: (773) 935-1919.
- Grevey's Restaurant and Sports Bar - 8130 Arlington Boulevard, Falls Church, Virginia. Telephone: (701) 560-8530.
Your Feedback Wanted
Bars sometimes close and fans sometimes migrate to other establishments. Please send any corrections or additions to the Accidental Travel Writer or leave a comment in the comment box below.