Updated for the 2017 NFL season. The 10 most popular Kansas City Chiefs sports bars in Kansas and Missouri and 10 other parts of the country. Please comment on bars and add your own recommendations. Photos of fans at sports bars welcome!
The Kansas City Chiefs play in the Western Division of the American Football Conference of the National Football League.
Founded by Lamar Hunt in 1960 as the Dallas Texans, they were a charter member of the American Football League (AFL).
In 1963, the team relocated to Kansas City, Missouri, and assumed its current name.
The Kansas City Chiefs joined the NFL during the AFL–NFL merger of 1970.
The Kansas City Chiefs won three championships from 1960 to 1969. The Kansas City Chiefs were the second AFL team (after the New York Jets) to defeat an NFL franchise when they defeated the Minnesota Vikings in Super Bowl IV on 11 January 1970.
Best Sports Bars to Root for the Chiefs in Kansas and Missouri
The following sports bars are considered to be friendly to fans of the Kansas City Chiefs Some of them are full fledged team hangouts.
Bars close and fans migrate to other establishments. Sometimes bars decide to broadcast other events. So always call ahead to make sure the bar is going to broadcast the game you want to watch.
- 810Zone Corbin Park - 6301 West 135th Street, Overland Park, Kansas. Telephone: (913) 469-9663.
- Chappell's Restaurant and Sports Museum - 323 Armour Road, North Kansas City, Kansas. Telephone: (816) 421 0002.
- Dave and Buster's - 1843 Village West Parkway #201, Kansas City, Kansas. Telephone: (913) 981-6815.
- Tanner's Bar and Grill - 7425 Broadway Street, Kansas City, Missouri. Telephone: (816) 822-7525.
- The Granfalloon Restaurant and Bar - 608 Ward Parkway, Kansas City, Missouri. Telephone: (816) 753-7850.
- Minsky's Pizza - 427 Main Street, Kansas City, Missouri. Telephone: (816) 421-1122.
- Paddy O'Quigley's - 5317 West 151st Street, Leawood, Kansas. Telephone: (913) 601-3511.
- Coach's Bar and Grill - 414 West 103rd Street, Kansas City, Missouri. Telephone: (816) 941-2286.
- Nick and Jake's - 6830 West 135th, Overland Park, Kansas. Telephone: (913) 681-8535.
- Leawood 810 Zone - 4800 West 119th Street, Leawood, Kansas. Telephone: (613) 469-ZONE .
Best Sports Bars to Root for the Chiefs in Other Parts of the Country
While not exclusively Kansas City Chiefs hangouts, the following sports bars often attract Chiefs fans on game day. But always call ahead to make sure the game with will broadcast!
- John Brown Serious BBQ – 10-43- 44th Drive, Long Island City, New York. Telephone: (347) 617-1120.
- Don's Club Tavern - 723 Wast - 6th Avenue, Denver, Colorado. Telephone: (303) 831-0218.
- The Queen Vic - 1206 H Street Northeast, Washington, DC. Telephone: (202) 396-2001.
- Blue Diamond Saloon – 6935 Blue Diamond Road, Las Vegas, Nevada. Telephone: (702) 896-1455.
- Third Base - 3107 South IH 35, Round Rock, Texas. Telephone: (512) 388-2273.
- Blake Street Tavern - 2301 Blake Street, Denver, Colorado. Telephone: (303) 675-0505.
- Kansas City Barbecue - 600 West Harbor Drive, San Diego, California. Telephone: (619) 231-9680.
- Kansas City BBQ Company - 10863 Magnolia Boulevard, North Hollywood, California. Telephone: (818) 754-0030.
- Toon's Bar and Grill - 3859 North Southport, Chicago, Illinois . Telephone: (773) 935-1919.
- Grevey's Restaurant and Sports Bar - 8130 Arlington Boulevard, Falls Church, Virginia. Telephone: (701) 560-8530.
Your Input Wanted
Please leave comments on these establishments and/or recommend other sports bars friendly to Chiefs fans in the COMMENT box below.
Also, would love to liven up this post with some fan shots. Please send photos of Chiefs fans at sports bars to the Accidental Travel Writer to be added to this post.