How's this for a bit of trivia? Founded in 1898, the Arizona Cardinals are the oldest continuously run professional American football club in the United States. PLEASE HELP US UPDATE OUR LIST!
As the 2015 NFL season gets underway, it is time to update our Arizona Cardinals Top 10 Sports Bar list. If you see anything that needs to be corrected or updated - or if you know of any bars that should be added to the list - please leave a comment in the comment box at the end of the post.
The Cardinals are the oldest continuously run professional football team in the United States, but they didn't always play in Arizona. And they weren't founded in St. Louis, either.
A charter member of the National Football League, the Arizona Cardinals were originally known as the Chicago Cardinals, one of two American football teams representing the Windy City, the other being the Chicago Bears.
Unable to compete with the Bears, the Chicago Cardinals relocated ty St Louis, Missouri, in 1960, where they were sometimes confused with the St Louis Cardinals of Major League Baseball.
Surely, St Louis is the only city in the history of professional sports to have had teams in 2 different sports with the same mascot!
The football team moved to Phoenix, Arizona, before the 1988 football season and were rechristend the Arizona Cardinals. They play in Glendale, Arizona, a suburb of Phoenix.
The team holds one of the football league's least enviable records. They have suffered the longest championship draught in league history.
The team won the league championship twice, both times in Chicago: 1925 and 1947.
Where to Root for the Arizona Cardinals
The following sports bars are considered to be friendly to fans of the Arizona Cardinals. Some of them are full fledged team hangouts.
- Santisi Brothers Pizzeria and Sports Grill - 2710 Bell Road, Phoenix, Arizona. Telephone: (602) 789-7979.
- Catch 22 Sports Grill - 18725 North 32nd Street, Phoenix, Arizona. Telephone: (602) 482-9222.
- Big Daddy's Sports Lounge - 10618 North Cave Road, Phoenix, Arizona. Telephone: (602) 861-1034.
- Caps Sports Grill - 1721 West Rose Garden Lane, Phoenix, Arizona. Telephone: (623) 434-1950.
- Tee Pee Mexican Restaurant - 4144 East Indian School Road, Phoenix, Arizona. Telephone: (602) 956-0178.
- Valle Luna Mexican Food & Cantinas - 16048 North Cave Creek Road, Phoenix, Arizona. Telephone: (602) 867-9100.
- West Addison Kitchen Tap Tavern - 20751 North Pima Road, Scottsdale, Arizona. Telephone: (480) 5522.
- Murphy's Law Irish Bar & Grill - 1590 East Flamingo, Las Vegas, Nevada . Telephone: (702) 697-0529.
- Sidebar - 120 East 15th Street, New York, New York. Telephone: (212) 677-2901.
Your Feedback Wanted
We need your help! First, if you know of any sports bars that welcome Arizona Cardinals fans, would you please let us know? Also, bars sometimes close and fans sometimes migrate to other establishments.
Please send any corrections or additions to the Accidental Travel Writer or leave a comment in the comment box below.