The skies over Victoria Harbour in Hong Kong will explode in a symphony of pyrotechnics the night of Tuesday 9 February 2016, which is the second night of the Chinese New Year.
The waterfront on both sides of the harbour will be chock a block with teeming crowds jockeying for the best views of the fireworks.
While mingling with the masses can be half the fun of watching the fireworks, a less stressful and more civilized approach is finding a restaurant that has picture windows affording a view of Victoria Harbour.
Another is to find an F&B outlet with an outdoor venue from which to watch the show.
One of the best spots to watch the spectacle while dining on yummy cuisine is the InterContinental Hotel Hong Kong, which is located right on the waterfront on the Kowloon side of the harbour.
The InterContinental has several F&B outlets serving both Asian and international cuisine. All of them will offer special festive menus except for the Lobby Lounge, which will serve drinks with a cover charge.
- Yan Toh Heen - Cantonese. Reservations: (852) 3213 2323.
- Spoon by Alain Ducasse - Continental. Reservations: (852) 3213 2323.
- Nobu InterContinental Hong Kong - Japanese. Reservations: (852) 3213 2323.
- The Steak House winebar - American. Reservations: (852) 3213 2323.
- Harbourside - Seafood and Sushi. Reservations: (852) 3213 2323.
- Lobby Lounge Cocktail Lounge. Reservations: (852) 3213 2323.
The InterContinental Hotel Hong Kong is located at 18 Salisbury Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
Hong Kong Side
Food and beverage outlets at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre, which is located on the Hong Kong side of Victoria Harbour, will be offering special Chinese New Year's Eve set menus and/or buffet dinners - always popular with diners in Hong Kong!
And while not all of them offer views of the harbour from their dining rooms, an exclusive outdoor viewing zone at Golden Bauhinia Square will be reserved for all guests dining at these restaurants so that they can enjoy the spectacular fireworks display up close and personal. This will surely offer one of the best views of the fireworks in Hong Kong.
- Congress Restaurant - International. Reservations: (852) 2582 7250.
- New Shanghai Shanghainese. Reservations: (852) 2582 7332.
- Golden Bauhinia Cantonese Restaurant - Cantonese. Reservations: (852) 2582 7728.
- Harbour Kitchen - Local Specialties. Reservations: (852) 2582 7241.
- Traders - Italian and Japanese. Reservations: (852) 2582 7882.
The Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre is located at 1 Expo Drive, Wanchai, Hong Kong.
Advanced reservations will be required at most restaurants.
Pictured: Skies over Victoria Harbour will light up on the second night of the Lunar New Year. Photo Credits: Arthur KC Kung via Wikimedia Commons.