Updated for the 2017 NFL season - There are so many sports bars friendly to Green Bay Packers fans across the United States that I've listed 20! Ten in Wisconsin and another 10 around the country.
With a population of 100,355, Green Bay, Wisconsin, is surely the smallest city in the United States with a major league sports franchise.
Even the so-called “metropolitan area” of Green Bay has a mere 306,241 people. So how is this tiny city of one-tenth of a million able to hold unto a football powerhouse that has won 13 Super Bowls? The Green Bay Packers are unique in that the team is owned almost entirely by its fans.
Fans as Shareholders
More than 112,000 fans are currently co-owners of the team, which represents the city of Green Bay.
What is interesting about the Green Bay Packers is that the shares of its stock cannot be resold except back to the team at a fraction of the original price. Shares do not appreciate in value. No shareholder can own more than 200 shares – to prevent an individual from gaining control of the team. And there are no season ticket holder privileges.
As a lifelong Oakland Raiders fan – a team that left home once, returned, and now plans to leave town again – I must say, I'm green with envy.
Would love to own a piece of my Raiders – and keep them always in Oakland, where they were born, and where they rightfully belong.
- The Stadium View Bar & Grille - 1963 Holmgren Way, Green Bay, Wisconsin. Telephone: (920) 498-1989.
- Hall of Fame Chop House - 1004 Brett Favre Pass, Green Bay, Wisconsin. Telephone: (920) 499 6874.
- Anduzzi's Sports Club - 403 West College Avenue, Appleton, Wisconsin. Telephone: (920) 257 2582.
- The District 2 Sports Pub - 788 Armed Forces Drive, Aswaubenon, Wisconsin. Telephone: (920) 499-3110.
- Burkel's One Block Over - 1007 Tony Canadeo Run, Green Bay, Wisconsin. Telephone: (920) 544-8367.
- Scoreboard Grille - 2511 West Mason Street, Green Bay, Wisconsin. Telephone: (920) 770-5586.
- Pauly G's - 1803 Main Street, Green Bay, Wisconsin. Telephone: (920) 468-0789.
- The Bar - Lime Kiln - 606 Lime Kiln Road, Green Bay, Wisconsin. Telephone: (920) 468-3566.
- Graystone Ale House - 2107 Velp Avenue, Green Bay, Wisconsin. Telephone: (920) 434-0805.
- Club Paragon - 3578 South 108th Street, Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Telephone: (414) 541-9270.
The Green Bay Packers have fans all over the country. Many of the following sports bars are bona-fide Green Bay hangouts.
Others attract Green Bay Packers on game day. Bars sometimes close, they sometimes decide to broadcast other events, and fans sometimes migrate to other establishments.
A word to the wise: always call before visiting a bar to make sure they will broadcast the game you want to watch.
- G & G Lounge - 5324 East Main Avenue, Mesa, Arizona. Telephone: (480) 985 4381.
- Mom’s Bar and Lounge - 12238 Santa Monica Boulevard, Los Angeles, California. Telephone: (310) 820-MOMS. Home of the L.A. Cheeseheads
- The Banshee Bar – 934 Dorchester Ave, Dorchester, Massachusetts. Telephone: (617) 436-9747.
- Will’s Northwoods Inn – 3030 North Racine Street, Chicago, Illinois. Telephone: (773) 528-4400. More than 300 members of Packers Boston …
- Rum Runner Las Vegas - 1801 East Tropicana Avenue, Las Vegas, Nevada. Telephone: (702) 736 6366. Best Packers Bar in Vegas
- Lost and Found - 1240 - 9th Street NW, Washington, DC. Telephone: (202) 450-6052.
- Stout NYC Grand Central – 60 East 41st Street, New York, New York. Telephone: (212) 922-9009.
- All American Steakhouse – 1502 Annapolis Road, in Odenton, Maryland. Telephone: (410) 305-0505.
- Home, A Bar - 719 SE Morriso, Portland, Oregon. Telephone: (503) 893-5233.
- Billy’s on Burnet – 2105 Hancock Drive, Austin, Texas. (512) 407-9305.
Your Input Wanted
Readers have recommended the following sports bars. I've checked out their websites, and they look like winners!
- Rusty Millet - 1708 North Las Palmas Avenue, Los Angeles, California. Telephone: (323) 533-0765. Sister home of the L.A. Cheeseheads.
- Underground Pub and Grill - 1334 Hermosa Avenue, Hermosa Beach, California. Telephone: (310) 318-3818.
- Hanger Inn - 1001 North Aviation Blvd, Manhattan Beach, California. Telephone: (310) 379-0836.
- Pickwick's Pub - 21010 Ventura Blvd, Woodland Hills, California. Telephone: (818) 340-9673,
- The Park Bar and Grill - 2007 West Burbank Blvd, Los Angeles, California. Telephone: (818) 557-6561.
- Vernon’s Gastropub – 5290 Beltline Road, Suite 142, Dallas, Texas. Telephone: (972) 661-3707. - Home of the North Texas Cheeseheads!
- Slackers Bar and Grill – 995 Marina Mile Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Telephone: (954) 530-4758. - The largest Green Bay Packers bar in Florida!
Please let us know if you've know of any other sports that are friendly to Green Bay Packers fans - in Wisconsin or across the country.
This post contains affiliate links.