Updated for the 2017 NFL season. The 10 most popular Vikings sports bars in Minnesota and 10 of the top spots where Viking fans congregate on game day in other parts of the country. Please comment on bars and add your own recommendations. Photos of fans at sports bars welcome!
The Minnesota Vikings are an American football team based in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The Vikings play at U.S. Bank Stadium, which is located in the Downtown East section of Minneapolis, Minnesota.
The state-of-the-art facility opened in 2016. A fixed-roof stadium, it seats 66,655 football fans and is expandable to 70,000 seats.
The Vikings joined the National Football League (NFL) as an expansion team in 1960, taking to the field the following year.
Sometimes referred to as the Purple People Easters, the football team won the the NFL championship in 1969. They won the NFC championship in 1973, 1974, and 1976,
The Minnesota Vikings play in the North division of the NFL’s National Football Conference (NFC).
While the Vikess have made it to the Super Bowl four times, they have yet to win an NFL championship. Could this be their lucky year?
There is no shortage of sports bars in the Twin Cities and other communities in Minnesota to watch the Minnesota Vikings play.
A former Vikings great, meanwhile, had even opened at sports bar in suburban Twin Harbors. Unfortunately, it has gone out of business.
You will find Vikings friendly sports bars all over the country. There are even a few north of the border in Canada. Two short lists of the best bars follow - one for Minnesota and another for the rest of the country.
Where to Watch the Vikings in Minnesota
The following sports bars are considered to be friendly to fans of the Minnesota Vikings. Some of them are full fledged team hangouts.
Bars close and fans migrate to other establishments. Sometimes bars decide to broadcast other events. So always call ahead to make sure the bar is going to broadcast the game you want to watch.
- Sneaky Pete's - 14 North 5th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota. Telephone: (612) 333 8820.
- Hubert's Sports Bar and Grill - 600 - 1st Avenue North, Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Half Time Rec - 1013 Front Avenue, St. Paul, Minnesota. Telephone: (651) 488-8245.
- Sporty's Pub & Grill - 2124 Como Avenue Southeast, Minneapolis, Minnesotra. Telephone: (612) 379 8407.
- Alary's Bar - 139 East 7th Street, St Paul, Minnesota. Telephone: (651) 224 7717.
- The Pourhouse - 10 South 5th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota. Telephone: (612) 843-2555.
- Patrick McGovern's Pub and Restaurant - 225 - 7th Street West, St. Paul, Minnesota. Telephone: (651) 224-5821.
- Bar Zia Food and Coctail Lounge - 420 - 4th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota. Telephone: (612) 345-7347.
- Joe Senser's Kitchen Bar - 2350 North Cleveland Avenue, Roseville, Minnesota. Telephone: (651) 631-1781.
- Bunny's Bar and Grill - 5916 Excelsior Blvd, St. Louis Park, Minnesota. Telephone: (9552) 922-9515.
Some of these bars are Minnesota Vikings hangouts, and others tend to attract Vikings fans on game day. Also call ahead to make sure the game you want to watch will be broadcasts.
- Redmond's - 3358 - North Sheffield Avenue, Chicago, Illinois. Telephone: (773) 404 2151. - "Home of the Vikings!"
- TNT Sports Page - 14902 Preston Road Ste 716, Dallas, Texas. Telephone: (972) 661 1130. - "Home to the Minnesota Vikings Purple Haze Fan Club."
- Blue Ox Tavern - 5825 West Sahara Avenue, Las Vegas, Nevada. Telephone: (702) 871-2536. - "The Blue Ox Is Your Home for the Minnesota Vikings."
- The Historic Downtowner Saloon - 10 South New River Drive, Fort Lauderdale. Telephone: (954) 463-9800.
- Bar None - 98 -3rd Avenue, New York, New York. Telephone: (212) 777-9755.
- Aliota's Pub and Grill - 261 East Hampton Road, Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Telephone: (414) 810-1656.
- Center Fields Sports Restaurant and Grill - North Shore Event Centre, 7065 North Port Washington Road, Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- Sine Irish Pub and Restaurant - 1301 South Joyce Street, Arlington, Virginia. Telephone: (703) 415-4420.
- Jack Doyles Restaurant and Bar - 240 West 35th Street, New York, New York. Telephone: (212) 268-1255.
- 730 Tavern, Kitchen and Patio - 730 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Telephone: (617) 868-8800.
Your Input Wanted
Please leave comments on these establishments and/or recommend other sports bars friendly to Minnesota Vickings fans in the COMMENT box below.
Also, would love to liven up this post with some fan shots. Please send photos of Vikefans at sports bars to the Accidental Travel Writer to be added to this post.