This Top 10 list was compiled in 2011, and - with the Patriots on their way to the Super Bowl - it's time for an update. Please vote in the poll below - and if you know of any additions, please leave a comment in the comment box.
All Oakland Raiders fans know that Ricky's Sports Theatre and Grill in San Leandro, California, is the Number Two sports bar in the nation (according to Sports Illustrated magazine).
All Detroit Lions fans know that Nemo's in Detroit, Michigan, is the Number Three sports bar in the nation (according to Sports Illustrated magazine). But how many sports fans know which sports bar in the nation is Number One (according to Sports Illustrated)?
But which is the Number One sports bar in the country (according to Sports Illustrated magazine)?
You're not going to like this, Oakland Raiders fans. Nor are you, Detroit Lions fans.
According to Sports Illustrated, The Four's in Boston, Massachusetts, is the Number One sports bar in the United States.
The Four's is a favoured hangout – not only for sports fans, journalists and even athletes also like to hang out there!
And check this out. The Four's has just 48 television screens – and Ricky's has more than 90!!! Things have CHANGED since 2005!!! Is it time for Sports Illustrated to re visit this topic?
This is the third in a series of Top 10 Sports Bars.
Sports Bars Friendly to New England Patriots Fans
Boston, Massachusetts, is home to a large community of Irish Americans, and many of them have settled in other parts of the United States. And many of them continue to be loyal to their hometown's football team, the New England Patriots.
For this reason, Patriots games are likely to be aired in most Irish pubs - not only in Boston itself, in the rest of New England, and in other parts of the United States, but in Ireland, as well.
Here are some of the top sports bars for fans of the New England Patriots. Many of them serve authentic New England style grub.
Boston Baked Beans, anyone?
- The Fours Restaurant & Sports Bar 166 Canal Street, Boston, Massachusetts. Telephone: (617) 720 4455. Website The Fours Restaurant & Sports Bar
- Boston Beer Works 110 Canal Street, Boston, Massachusetts. Telephone: (617) 896 2300. Website: Boston Beer Works
- Game On! 82 Lansdowne Street, Boston, Massachusetts. Telephone: (617) 351 7001. Website: Game On!
- Kelly's Landing New England Seafood 1305 Southeast 17th Street, Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Telephone: (954) 760 7009. Website: Kelly's Landing New England Seafood
- Sonny McLean's 2615 Wilshire Blvd, Santa Monica, California. Telephone: (310) 449 1811. Website: Sonny McLean's
- The Connecticut Yankee 100 Connecticut Street, San Francisco, California. Telephone: (415) 552 4440. Website: The Connecticut Yankee
- Hamilton's Bar and Grill 233 2nd Street NW, Washington, DC. Telephone: (202) 347 6555. Website: Hamilton's Bar and Grill
- Brendan's Pub 3169 North Broadway, Chicago, Illinois. Telephone: (773) 929 2929. Website: Brendan's Pub Chicago
We Stand Corrected!
Three New England Patriots fans in Southern California got in touch with the Accidental Travel Writer to inform us that New England fans have moved their base of operations in the Southland from the 35er at 12 East Colordao Blvd to Jakes of Pasadena at 38 West Colorado Blvd.
We tried to confirm this, but could not find an active website for Jake's. So we'll have to take their word for it.
This is what these passionate football fans had to say . . .
What about Jakes In Pasadena, CA, official N.E.W. (New England West) group meet up!!! From Michael O'Hanlon.
The New England West crew has actually moved from 35er to Jake's of Pasadena 38, W. Colorado Blvd, Pasadena. Check us out at New England West. From Hodgie.
Hello there. I am part of the New England West group. We have been away from the 35er for nearly two years now. Happy Traveling. From Pam Sturrock.
Your Feedback Wanted
We need your help! We want to update this list, and we want input from Patriots fans.
First, if there are any mistakes in the above list, would you please let us know? Bars sometimes close and fans sometimes migrate to other establishments.
Please leave a comment in the comment box below with any information that needs to be corrected.
Vote Early and Vote Often!
Now it's time to vote, and you can vote as often as you want. We can't stop you from stuffing the ballot box, so we won't even try. Mulitple votes are encouraged.
BTW, this list is NOT meant to be complete. If your favourite Seattle Seahawks sports bar is not on the list, PLEASE vote for "Other" and fill in its name, city, and state, and we will add it.
We will create a new Top 10 list - with your support! - after the season ends!