Bali Entertainment News
The fifth annual Ubud Village Jazz Festival will be held in Ubud, Bali, in mid-August. Pre- and post-post festival performances will be held in Ubud and other parts of the island the week before and after the event.
The firth annual Ubud Village Jazz Festival will be held on Friday and Saturday 11 and 12 August 2017 at the Agung Rai Museum of Art (ARMA) in Ubud.
Ubud is located in the central hills of Southern Bali. It is thought of as the island’s cultural heart. Because of its deep spirituality, Bali is often referred to as the Island of the Gods.
All types of jazz will be performed. Festival-goers can also sample various types of yummy snacks while they sway to the rhythms of the beat.
The Ubud Village Jazz Festival will feature performance by both Indonesian and overseaa musicians from such countries as Australia, Austria, France, Germany, and the United States.
Headline performers this year will include Dutch jazz pianist and composer Gerald Clayton, a four-time Grammy award-nominee.
The lineup (in alphabetical order) includes:
- Balawan and Batuan Ethnic
- b.good Vogel
- Benny Brown
- Benny Likumahuya Jazz Connection
- Bonny Trio
- David Manuhutu
- Emily and Siwie
- Gerald Clayton Trio - Netherlands
- Glen Bucschmann Jazz Academy Big Band - Germany
- Julian Banks
- Koko Harsoe Feat.Rodrigo Parejo
- Maaike Den Dunnen
- Pramono Abdi Pamungkas
- Ricad Hutapea
- Samy Thiebaullt
- Sandy Winaarta
- Steve Barry
- Telsa Manaf
- Underground Jazz Movement
- Yui Mahatma Feat.Nesia Ardi
Performances will begin both days at 3.30 pm and continue until roughly midnight.
Agung Rai Museum of Art – Jalan Raya Pengosekan Ubud, Ubud, Bali.
Food + Music
Things will heat up one week early at The Mövenpick Resort and Spa Jimbaran Bali, a five-star hotel that is located on the beach. The hotel is located on the Southern Balinese coast, 42.3 kilometres south of Ubud.
The hotel will offer a musical dining experience at Anarasa Restaurant, one of its five food and beverage outlets, on Friday 4 August.
A New Orleans style Cajun menu will be served. Mouth-watering seafood dishes fresh off the grill will be accompanied by live performances by German Jazz virtuosos, the Glenn Buschmann Jazz Academy Big Band.
About the Hotel
Mövenpick Resort and Spa Jimbaran Bali has 297 rooms and suites. Located 100 metres from Jimbaran Beach, it has five food and beverage outlets, a swimming pool with swim-up hammocks, pirate-themed Kids Club.
The hotel is connected Samasta Lifestyle Village, which offer retail as well as additional food and beverage outlets.
Mövenpick Resort and Spa Jimbaran Bali – Jalan Wanagirl No. 1, Jimbaran, Bali, Indonesia. Telephone: +62 361 4725777.
Click on the hotel's website for more information and special offers: Movenpick Resort and Spa Jimbaran Bali>>
Other Pre- and Post-Festival Events
The New Orleans Cajun Seafood BBQ Dinner is one of several pre- and post-festival events that will be held before and after the Ubud Village Jazz Festival.
The following performances are scheduled.
- Benny Brown will perform on Saturday 5 August at Plataran Ubud Hotel and Spa;
- Maaike Den Dunnen Quintet will perform on Wednesday 9 August at Samasta in Jimbaran;
- Glenn Buschmann Jazz Academy Big Band will perform on Wednesday 9 August at Ryoshi House of Jazz in Seminyak;
- Steve Barry Quartet will perform on Thursday 10 August at Vincent’s in Candidasa;
- Gerald Clayton Trio will perform on Thursday 10 August at the Sheraton Bali Kuta Report in Kuta;
- Maaike Den Dunnen Quintet will perform on 10 Augusts at Casa Luna in Ubud;
- Samy Thierbault Trio will perform on Sunday 13 August at bridges Bali in Ubud ;
- Samy Thierbault Trio will perform on 15, 16 and 17 August at Le Grande Bali Hotel in Uluwatu.
This list is for information only. Keep in mind that things may change.
Bali is served by Ngurah Rai International Airport, a.k.a. Denpasar International Airport and Bandar Udara Internasional Ngurah Rai.
Bali’s airport is the third busiest airport in Indonesia. The airport is a hub for Garuda International, Indonesia AirAsia, and Wings Air. It is served by more than 40 foreign airlines.
International carriers include Air New Zealand, Cathay Pacific Airways, Korean Air, Philippine Airlines, Qantas, Singapore Airlines, Thai Airways, and many others.
The following Accidental Travel Writer affiliates serve the airport:
These two Middle Eastern airlines link Africa, the Americas, Europe, and the Middle East by way of connecting flights at their hubs in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, and Doha, Qatar, respectively.