National Basketball Association
The Golden States Warriors have won the Western Division title for the second time in two years. As they defend their title against the Cleveland Cavaliers, what are the top spots to root for the Dubs outside Oracle Arena?
There is absolutely no question about it. The best place to root for the Golden State Warriors is the Oracle Arena in Oakland, California.
Unless, of course, you have an aversion to noise. Oracle Arena is reputedly the loudest basketball venue in the NBA.
There are times, of course, when you simply can't do so. So what do you do if they are playing on the road ... or they are playing at home and you can't get tickets ... or you can't afford tickets ... or you don't live near the Oracle Arena?
There are many sports bars and other venues where the Dub Nation can root for the Golden State Warriors in the company of other Warrior fans.
Bay Area Bars
Oakland is Warriors Ground so it goes without saying that practically any sports bar in Oakland broadcasts the games.
And the same goes for sports bars in Alameda, Berkeley, Concord, Fremont, Hayward, Marin County, Pinole, Richmond, San Francico, San Mateo Country, San Leandro, San Jose - the list goes on.
So we have limited our list to just one bar per city ... and have tried to give as wide a geographical spread as possible, starting with the 3 largest Bay Area cities in descending order of importance.
We've found watering holes as far afield as Los Angeles, New York, and Washington, DC, where Bay Area transplants - or visitors - will feel right at home.
Many of these sports bars are hangouts for San Francisco Giants or San Francisco 49ers fans. But chances are that Warriors fans will also be made to feel welcome during the 2016 NBA playoffs.
But buyer beware! Please call bars before you set off to make sure they will be broadcasting the game! You never know. Things could change.
Where to Root for the Golden State Warriors
1. Era Art Bar and Lounge - 19 Grand Avenue, Oakland, California. Telephone: (510) 832-4400.
2. Pete's Tavern - 128 King Street, San Francisco, California. Telephone: (415) 817-5045.
4. Ricky’s Sports Theatre and Grill - 15028 Hesperian Boulevard, San Leandro, California. Telephone: (510) 352-0200.
5. Pappy's Grill and Sports Bar - 367 Telegraph Avenue, Berkeley, California. Telephone: (510) 405-1000.
6. Finnegan’s Marin - 877 Grant Avenue, Novato, California. Telephone: (415) 899-1516.
7. Blu 42 Sports Lounge and Grill - 1251 Arroyo Way, Walnut Creek, California. Telephone: (925) 979-0132.
8. San Francisco Saloon - 11501 West Pico Blvd., Los Angeles, California. Telephone: (310) 478-0152.
9. The Town Tavern - 2323 Eighteenth Street North West, Washington, DC. Telephone: (202) 387-8696.
10. Finnerty's New York City - 221 - 2nd Avenue, New York, New York. Telephone: (212) 677-2655.
A Work in Progress
This list is a work in progress, and we welcome friendly and constructive input from other Golden State Warriors fans. Corrections and additions would be appreciated. We don't want to hear from trolls.
If you know of any other venues where Golden State Warriors fans gather to root for their team, please add a comment in the comment box below - or post something on our Facebook fan page.