If you find yourself in New Orleans, Louisiana, when the Saints are playing, and you don't have a ticket, you don't like American football, or your team isn't playing, here are 10 things you can do and most of them are free!
Top 10 Free or Nearly Free Things to Do in New Orleans
There are lots of things to do in the Big Easy that don't involve football. In fact, there are lots of things to do in New Orleans that are free – or nearly free!
- Listen to jazz walking down Bourbon Street.
- Explore the art galleries on Julia and Royal Streets.
- Bike along the levee of the mighty Mississippi River.
- Check out the heritage architecture of the French Quarter.
- Have espresso at an outdoor café on Fulton Street.
- Explore the shops and restaurants on Magazine Street.
- Wander through Lafayette Cemetery with its above ground tombs.
- Explore New Orleans by streetcar.
- Ride the Canal Street ferry.
- Attend Sunday mass at one of the Big Easy's beautiful churches and cathedrals.
Warning: Some of these venues might have television sets set up so that football fans can watch the game. Don't say that we didn't warn you! Our 11th suggestion is that you lock yourself up in your hotel room!