Hong Kong Restaurant Review
The Harbourside Restaurant at the InterContinental Hong Kong in Kowloon’s Tsim Sha Tsui district is one of the most popular restaurants in Hong Kong. International buffets are served at breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
The Harbourside Restaurant at the InterContinental Hong Kong will showcase mouth-watering Okinawan cuisine through 31 October 2016 as part of the Autumn in Okinawa Food Promotion.
Premium products and ingredients are being imported from Okinawa exclusively for the event.
- Rafute (pork ribs) boiled in soy sauce
- Tebichi (pig’s trotters) boiled in stock
- Okinawa Uchina tempura
- Okinawa soba noodles
- Kubu stir-fried kombu seaweed
- Green papaya champuru (stir-fried papaya)
Okinawa is the southern-most prefecture in the Japanese archipelago. It has a tropical climate. Its cuisine has Chinese and Southeast Asian culinary influences.
Okinawans are known for their longevity, and many experts attribute this to their healthy diet.
Hong Kong’s Most Popular Buffet Restaurant?
Buffet restaurants are extremely popular in Hong Kong, and the Harbourside Restaurant at the InterContinental is considered to be one of Hong Kong's best buffet restaurants.
Many foodies would go so far as to say that the eatery is Hong Kong’s best buffet restaurant. It addition to the international and Asian fare which is served year-round, the popular outlet also features a specific culinary theme, which varies from time to time.
At the moment, for example, the focus is on Okinawan cuisine.
It’s always a good sign when local diners outnumber hotel guests, and local diners account for as much as 90% of custom at the Harbourside Restaurant.
While diners can order dishes off a la carte menus at breakfast, lunch and dinner, it is the buffets that attract the crowds.
The Harborside Restaurant is one of six food and beverage outlets at the hotel. Other outlets include …
- The Lobby Lounge – an informal hotel lobby lounge serving signature cocktails, all day snacks, and afternoon tea.
- Nobu InterContinental Hong Kong – innovative Japanese cuisine and sushi served in elegant contemporary surroundings.
- Spoon by Alain Ducasse – a fine dining restaurant serving contemporary French cuisine with one Michelin star.
- The Steakhouse Winebar + Grill – a casual restaurant serving grilled meats and fine wines.
- Yan Toh Heen – a fine dining Chinese restaurant serving Cantonese cuisine with two Michelin stars.
If the food and beverage outlets at the hotel have a "unique selling proposition" other than food, it would have to be their stellar harbour views.
Floor to ceiling picture windows offer what are arguably the best views of Victoria Harbour on either side of the busy harbour.
Harbourside Restaurant, InterContinental Hong Kong, 18 Salisbury Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong. Telephone: (852) 2721-1211. Hotel Website: InterContinental Hong Kong. Social Media: Facebook – Twitter
Hong Kong Travel Tips
- Browse Hong Kong hotels on TripAdvisor